Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Beginning Of The End

It's almost time to take down my Guernsey teddy and other Guernsey memrobila that has been cluttering up my BK desk for the last 3 months...(photographs of Gsy cows, cuddly toys of Gsy cows etc etc) (Gsy is famous for its cows in case you were wondering, I don't have some weird cow-obsession, my mum kinda took the one idea and ran when I asked her to send me some things from home...).

Anyway, this week I have had the task of training the new editorial intern, Chloe, and passing on the metaphorical editorial gauntlet to her. I found this a bit sad at first, but then I realised I could also pass along the very real pile of proposals to be looked at as well...which didn't feel half as bad. 

Training went well, although I had planned a full day of stuff which I managed to get through in about 2hrs, but I'm told this happens...so we just chatted a lot and I told her other important editorial intern stuff like how to handle Jeevans pre-lunch grumpiness, and which BK events she would be guaranteed complimentary food at etc. I also enjoyed asserting my power and allowing Chloe (and myself) to both go home a bit early as a first day treat ;o) The joys of being in charge...

Had my farewell editorial lunch today as well, and now there is only one Author Day left and I'm gone from the BK world forever (although I may well take up David's suggestion of becoming the BK London correspondent...!, or more realistically doing some blogging for BK from time to time)

For those who are interested: the Guernsey cow is fawn and white in colour, and known for the rich flavour of it's milk, it's hardiness and docile disposition:


No comments:

Post a Comment