Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Authors Say the Nicest Things...

Lately I've reviewed several proposals from places far far away, and therefore have emailed (rather than called) several authors with my feedback (to save BK phone bills, and also to ensure I'm not waking authors up with my feedback at 3am, which would be a bit weird...)

As a result I've had a number of very friendly emails back from authors which (I'll admit it) I keep re-reading every now and again. 

However, they're beginning to annoy me now and clutter up my inbox so before I delete them forever I want to share some snippets with you:

1.) Dear Holly,

Your informative answer shows that Berrett-Koehler is different. I would certainly like to write about you some day. You are right we should have a big name... Thank you again. Let us hope we can cooperate someday.
Best regards

2.) Dear Holly:

Thank you so much for your prompt and extremely insightful reply to my proposal.  You have really helped me.

While I am naturally disappointed not to have the opportunity to work with you at this time, the points you raise about breaking into the US market are valid and I can see your logic...

Again, thank you for your feedback.  One day, I hope to publish with Berrett-Koehler – it’s a publisher I really admire because I love your values as a company and the unique business model that you have evolved.

Kind Regards

3.) Dear Holly and Jeevan,
I want to thank you for your letter, Holly, and for the communications I received from both you and Jeevan. I can honestly say of the half dozen or so publishing companies I have been in communication with you really stand out from the rest in key ways. Firstly in your prompt response to approach from author. Remarkable, within about 24 hrs. Nextly, in your personal follow through and phone call inquiry, within the next 24 hrs or so. Your brisk, friendly and respectful approach is welcome and reflects well upon your company. Your taking the time to write a personal note of further explanation about your decision is most appreciated too. In other words, you really handle people well. That aspect of your company shines. It says a lot about you and what you care about.

Thank you again so much, I am really positively impressed with your company and will look for opportunities to speak well of you and refer people to you when I can,
Sincerely,


No comments:

Post a Comment