Friday, March 25, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away.....................pretty please?!

So the weather reports for the San Francisco area this weekend are rainy and bleak (again), and last night there was even a flash flood warning in San Mateo County.

Having jumped on a plane and crossed the Atlantic to do an internship in sunny California (with a suitcase full of summery clothes and several pairs of sunglasses in tow I might add), I have to admit I’m beginning to feel a little disgruntled by all this weather malarkey.

My dreams of strolling around Golden Gate Park and aimlessly wandering around the city in the sunshine seem to be slowly fading away. Ok I'm exaggerating here, but they've certainly been put on hold. 

The irony being of course that England at the moment appears to be having somewhat of a small heat wave I hear. Ok so again I'm exaggerating but last weekend I spoke to my London-based boyfriend who was just on his way out to celebrate a friend's birthday with a BBQ in the park. Pardon? I looked out of my window at the torrential rain and sighed. I then tried to get hold of my parents but I later found out they'd been too busy cleaning and sorting out the garden furniture.

But it’s not all doom and gloom as Jeevan is making admirable attempts to drown me in book recommendations, so at least I have something to do until the sun comes out!

1 comment:

  1. The weather is indeed beautiful in Guernsey at the moment...tell Jeevan the unicorns are prancing through the woodland glades.

    I think the weather gods must be reading your blog and taking pity: 10 day weather forecast for SF indicates lots of sunshine coming your way.

    Dad
    x

    ReplyDelete